On this page you will find sector information, links to information about doing business in the Netherlands, national and regional subsidy and financing possibilities.
Useful links to practical information
There is a lot of reliable information online about doing business in the Netherlands. Important overviews:
- The Dutch government provides an English-language guide to doing business in the Netherlands: Business.gov.nl.
- The Chamber of Commerce is responsible for the official companies register, but also provides information, advice and support for business owners.
- The Netherlands Enterprise Agency stimulates entrepreneurs in sustainable, agricultural, innovative and international business, through a number of programmes and grants schemes.
- The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency offers extensive services to companies establishing or expanding operations in the Netherlands, and provides a valuable database of downloadable resources on their website.
Some topics of specific interest for international companies:
- This step-by-step-guide by the Dutch government provides information about the procedures for hiring employees, including payroll and contracts.
- Highly skilled migrants can follow a simplified procedure for acquiring work and residence permits.
- Find out more about company taxes on the page of the tax services (belastingdienst).
- The 30% tax ruling can give an extra incentive for internationals to come and work in the Netherlands.
Subsidies and financing:
Financing programs at the national level:
- Here is the Dutch government information on financing and overview of national subsidies for businesses.
- The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency also provides an overview of incentives and information about the fiscal climate for international businesses.
- The Netherlands Enterprise Agency stimulates entrepreneurs in sustainable, agricultural, innovative and international business. It runs a number of programmes and has different grant schemes available to support various business initiatives.
Regional level subsidies, financing and development support:
- Oost NL supports (international) entrepreneurs throughout the entire process of establishing businesses and fostering growth in our region.
- Kennispoort Regio Zwolle helps free of charge in developing ideas, contacts with other entrepreneurs and students and financing options.
- The Subsidy program Human Capital Agenda Ontwikkelfonds Regio Zwolle focuses on investing in people. It offers help and financial support.
- Expat Center East-Netherlands is here to assist expats living and working in the east of the Netherlands.
- The subsidy desk of the province of Overijssel provides an overview of regional and European subsidy options.